As you watch the video that shows how to extract 1 million email addresses from Facebook in 40 minutes, please do NOT rush out and do this for your business. I share this with you today as a warning. When you receive the next promotional email that tells you to buy an email list, you will think about this video and consider the true value of the email list you are offered. If they simply extracted the list with tools from Facebook and games are the source, you will be hard pressed to build success with the email list.
Yes, the email extractor software is also on the The Best Email Marketing Services List for Business on the Planet.
Sure, you could "build a list" by using an extractor tool such as this.
Atomic Hunter is a tool designed to extract email from websites (where published in public) or to collect emails based on a keyword search. Results can be transferred to Excel or pasted elsewhere. Atomic Lead Extractor - extracts leads for your business needs. Extract emails, phone numbers, Skype, MSN, ICQ, Yahoo and much more from website and search engines.
What Email Extractor can do?
* Keyword search
* Direct URL (link) search
* Extracting emails from a list of URLs
* Text, MS Word, Excel or CSV file export
* Various filtering options
* Eliminating duplicate emails
Yes, you may end up in jail.
In other words, just because you have an email address does not give the right to blast emails for advertising. (No matter how well intentioned you are.)
Here is information about the CAN-SPAM Act to help keep you out of jail:
CAN-SPAM Act: A Compliance Guide for Business
Do you use email in your business? The CAN-SPAM Act, a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have you stop emailing them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
Despite its name, the CAN-SPAM Act doesn’t apply just to bulk email. It covers all commercial messages, which the law defines as “any electronic mail message the primary purpose of which is the commercial advertisement or promotion of a commercial product or service,” including email that promotes content on commercial websites. The law makes no exception for business-to-business email. That means all email – for example, a message to former customers announcing a new product line – must comply with the law.
Each separate email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act is subject to penalties of up to $16,000, so non-compliance can be costly. But following the law isn’t complicated. Here’s a rundown of CAN-SPAM’s main requirements:
- Don’t use false or misleading header information. Your “From,” “To,” “Reply-To,” and routing information – including the originating domain name and email address – must be accurate and identify the person or business who initiated the message.
- Don’t use deceptive subject lines. The subject line must accurately reflect the content of the message.
- Identify the message as an ad. The law gives you a lot of leeway in how to do this, but you must disclose clearly and conspicuously that your message is an advertisement.
- Tell recipients where you’re located. Your message must include your valid physical postal address. This can be your current street address, a post office box you’ve registered with the U.S. Postal Service, or a private mailbox you’ve registered with a commercial mail receiving agency established under Postal Service regulations.
- Tell recipients how to opt out of receiving future email from you. Your message must include a clear and conspicuous explanation of how the recipient can opt out of getting email from you in the future. Craft the notice in a way that’s easy for an ordinary person to recognize, read, and understand. Creative use of type size, color, and location can improve clarity. Give a return email address or another easy Internet-based way to allow people to communicate their choice to you. You may create a menu to allow a recipient to opt out of certain types of messages, but you must include the option to stop all commercial messages from you. Make sure your spam filter doesn’t block these opt-out requests.
- Honor opt-out requests promptly. Any opt-out mechanism you offer must be able to process opt-out requests for at least 30 days after you send your message. You must honor a recipient’s opt-out request within 10 business days. You can’t charge a fee, require the recipient to give you any personally identifying information beyond an email address, or make the recipient take any step other than sending a reply email or visiting a single page on an Internet website as a condition for honoring an opt-out request. Once people have told you they don’t want to receive more messages from you, you can’t sell or transfer their email addresses, even in the form of a mailing list. The only exception is that you may transfer the addresses to a company you’ve hired to help you comply with the CAN-SPAM Act.
- Monitor what others are doing on your behalf. The law makes clear that even if you hire another company to handle your email marketing, you can’t contract away your legal responsibility to comply with the law. Both the company whose product is promoted in the message and the company that actually sends the message may be held legally responsible.
Of course, if you are sending an email to a friend, family member or somone you know personally, your emails are about communicating and connecting. You give service and assistance to those in your inner circle.
Inbound marketing is a process of getting found, converting visitors into leads and analyzing the results. Inbound marketing strategies helps you build a list of those potential buyers who are intereste in your products or services.
You might think it is faster and easier to extract every email from strangers possible and send emails rigorously until they "give up" and buy. In reality it is not faster or easier and in fact the risk you take with SPAM laws may be enough to make you hesitate.
The email software extraction is cool but...
Inbound marketing is more effective, has less risk and empowers you to grow your business over time as it helps you get more leads with email automation without SPAM.