What daily & weekly non-negotiable tasks are included on a restaurant checklist?
Below is a list to get you started. These can become barriers to restaurant marketing opportunities. This free restaurant spreadsheet can make it simpler but does not help you overcome the barriers.
Here is a non-negotiable list of weekly restaurant management activities:
- Food Orders (per par system) 2 times/week
- Check In / food orders / label / store / rotate 2 times/week
- Inventory / key punch and problem solving
- Daily Inventory Critical Counts / entry / calculation / analysis
- Daily Cash Accountabiltiy follow-up
- Daily Deployment / adjustments / prep list / Operation Checklist
- Go to bank (at least twice a day)
- Review daily / weekly flash / metrics results / tracking
- Schedules / Planning
- Promo / discount / Coupon / Ticket - Daily accountability / Audi
- Weekly In-Store management meetings
- Communication notes / log book / read - write
- Weekly meetings / In-person or call
- Communication with Boss
- Developing Team / Training / Follow up
- Interviews / References / Orientation / New crew entry
- One on One training for crew (including new product roll outs)
- One on One conflict resolutions / coaching
- Weekly Maintenance (general equipment)
- Any Business calls
- Emails / Read / File / Respond / Communicate / Post
- Weekly misc. store purchases / errands
- Filing / Documents / Transmit / Update Bulletin Board
- LSM or Guest resolution / contact
- Guest Contact? Pre- During- Post of Meal
- How much time it takes to support:
Production / Serve / Dishes / Cleaning / Server / Prep / Cooking Guest Contact? Pre- During and Post the guest's Meal.
Anyone in a restaurant operation, at any level, can feel "over burdened". Download the spreadsheet, input YOUR estimates and evaluate who is doing what for how long.