Business Computer goes down. Cost will be $2000. This is calculated from your time and effort to fix it (three days), new software, computer repair bill (after you can't fix it), loss of data, loss of customers, and loss of awareness. I bet you can't go six months before a major computer bug will zap your business, leaving you with a wish for an unattainable success.
This is a list of free and fee based software to protect your business computer. I have used and recommend:
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
- SuperAntispyware - http://www.superantispyware.com/
- AdAware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
- Spybot Search & Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
- CCleaner - http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/3000-2144_4-10547048.html
- TrendMicro - http://us.trendmicro.com/us/home/
- Advanced System Care - http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html
Forums and references that specialize in malware removal help:
Backup your computer:
There are thousands of options to create backups, clean adware, guard, and protect from threats. Goal: Go the rest of the year without your business stalling because of a computer breakdown.
- Freebyte free software for back up. (It is simple and powerful.)
- Download.com back up software
- Portable Hard Drives for Backup on Amazon
- Backup onine free