Evaluate the culture of your organization. It may be time for change but will there be resistance? What are the best steps for improving the business? Instead of making an educated guess (aka use professional judgment), consider the questions found in a Business Culture MRI:
- How do your people view change and innovation?
- How do your people view accountability?
- How would most of the people in your organization characterize their own importance?
- How much time do business leaders spend reacting to problems or emergencies?
- What is the leadership method most often used to create and measure efficiency and results?
- How are leaders developed and chosen for your organization?
- How do employees view their ability to do their jobs?
- How do employees relate to each other?
- What would your employees say about internal competition?
- What happens when mistakes are made or problems arise?
If you are unable to answer these 10 basic questions, we can start with building your awareness. The size of the company is not important. Whether there be two employees or five hundred, the ability for people to work together, the mindset of the leaders, and responses to mistakes becomes part of the foundation of success... or failure.
Listen to the experts HERE talk about about the culture in this podcast: Internal Marketing is Key to Your Culture. - Zac Gandara and Steve Gandara interview Bruce J. Avolio.
Bruce J. Avolio: Professor of Management, Mark Pigott Chair in Business Strategic Leadership, Executive Director, Foster Center for Leadership. Dr. Avolio has published 10 books and over a 125 articles on leadership and related areas including: "Full Range Leadership Development"
About the book: Full Range Leadership Development
Conversational and accessible, this Second Edition of Bruce J. Avolio's groundbreaking book uses the full range leadership development model as an organizing framework and shows how it can be directly applied to improving leadership at the individual, team, and organizational levels. Filled with examples that show how the full range model comes to life in today's global world, Full Range Leadership Development, Second Edition, demonstrates how people, timing, resources, the context of interaction, and expected results in performance and motivation all contribute to effective leadership.
It only takes 7 to 10 minutes, take the complimentary Business Culture MRI here.