Before you can maximize your business in the 21st Century with the new tech tools and the Internet, you must first know what you believe. The test for belief, of course, is "be willing to take action".
For instance: If you believe marketing for your business using direct mail is dead, it will matter little that I can show you new ways to do direct mail marketing that gets better results. Those successful with executing guerrilla marketing ideas know that guerrilla marketing works 100% of the time when it is done correctly.
Another example: If you believe the Internet is a fancy super phone book for people to find your name and number, then no amount of teaching you about Inbound Marketing will convince you that your business (and thereby, your life) can improve. You believe that most people find you via your business name and personal name.
Do you believe:
- That free marketing is always the best marketing?
- Free information is the best information?
- A free workshop is the best workshop?
This quiz will help you ask the right questions to improve your business and quality of life.
Answer yes or no:
- Do you believe the Internet is a simply a giant, super phone book and not much more?
- Do you believe that the typical person looking for you or your type of business goes first to the Internet?
- Do you believe that the typical person avoids the Internet and looks in the phone book first?
- Do you believe that having a website can make the phone ring more?
- Do you believe that having a website is only a necessary utility?
- Do you believe that you can learn everything on your own about how to use the Internet?
- Do you believe that having a website online is enough?
- Do you believe that you must know how to program or do coding to promote yourself and your business online?
- Do you believe that finding things on the Internet is difficult?
- Do you believe you offer unique and special products and services?
- Do you believe that the people who are searching on the Internet would be interested in your products or services?
- Do you believe it takes a lot of time to do social media marketing?
- Do you believe that it is important to use social media tools to connect with current and future customers or clients?
- Do you believe that having your business be found on the Internet will cost a lot of money?
- Do you believe that the Internet is a trustworthy place to do business?
- Do you believe that the Internet is full of people who are looking for solutions that you have the answer to?
- Do you believe that marketing your business, services or products online is a waste of time?
- Do you believe that the Internet can save you time, money and stress?
- Do you believe that the most common things people spend time with when on the Internet is: Communication, Social Networking, News, Education, Entertainment and Shopping?
- Do you believe the Internet costs you money and is a gamble just like advertising in the newspaper, mail, TV and radio?
- Do you believe in unlearning that which is no longer usable or true and learning new ways to get things done?
- Do you believe that business cards and fliers are still enough?
- Do you believe the primary reason to use the Internet is communication?
- Do you believe that people search and find you on the Internet by your business name or personal name?
Here are my answers to the quiz above:
"No" to: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 14, 17, 20, 22, 24
"Yes" to: 2, 4, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23