VendHQ.com offers any business the opportunity to take a hammer to their old cash register and start using an iPad or PC tablet as their POS system. In so many businesses, the physical cash register has become an dead weight and anchor though certainly a necessary piece of equipment. For mobile businesses, sales people and consultants, the lack of a cash register has put limitations on closing the deal.
I remember in 1993 when I wrote a check for $23.000 for a brand new computerized POS system which allowed us to improve speed of service, accuracy, auditing, customer loyalty and even helped us increase average purchase. Tracking inventory became a breeze and the reduction in waste paid for the new POS. It was very difficult to write the big check, train the team and change the mindset from using clunky old cash registers. We doubled sales again with the new POS at the hub.
To this day the cash register drawer and POS remains a center hub where people gather. The POS is a crutch to lean on and hide behind when it is more important than ever to make a personal connection with customers.
What would happen if you removed the cash register as you know it now? What if the iPad or PC Tablet becomes your portable POS system?
VendHQ.com may be your next be move because it does just that. Vend is point-of-sale, inventory and customer loyalty software for iPad, Mac & PC. Easily setup, manage and grow your business, from one store to many, in the cloud.
The introduction video below is a bit rough, tough and not for children so I hesitate to share it with you. It may express how you feel so here is a video from VendHQ.com.
OK... now that your fantasy of taking a hammer to your cash register is over, consider a few facts.
Any way you want it:
Vend has a modern, beautiful and easy-to-use interface, built on the latest web standards. It’s fast, responsive, and designed to work with either mouse and keyboard, or touch-based input, on iPad, Mac, or PC. It works the way you want to use it, on equipment you already own.
Quick Keys allow you to create point-of-sale buttons for easy access to your most popular products. Arrange Quick Keys just the way you like them by adding colors, tabs and pages. On top of that, you can easily set up templates for use by one or many stores.
Customize receipts with your store logo and website, and email a copy to customers, or print to a standard receipt printer. Edit any text on a receipt to create templates in different languages, or for multiple purposes, such as quotes.
Easy as cake & cookies:
Setting up an iPad point-of-sale system is now easier than ever. With plug & play support for receipt printers & barcode scanners,
Taking care of taxes:
Vend's highly customizable tax settings let you run single stores or multi-outlet stores in different tax zones (for instance a different cities, counties or states).
Been around the block:
VendHQ.com was registered in September of 2008 so they are new to the pony show. By now they have the bugs worked out and created success.
Low, low risk with a free trial (And price starts at FREE):
No fees. No commitment. No credit card.
How does the free trial work? - Try all of Vend's features for 30 days or until you’re ready to activate your account. You can also continue to use Vend for free on the Extra Small plan.
Here is a feel good video that again shows how creative the VendHQ.com team is. I have to wonder if the employees are wearing the costumes in the video. They look like they are enjoying it a bit too much.
Are you in love with preparation and homework? You are in luck because Vend.com offers a step-by-step Getting Started Guide here.
You see the possibilities but still have so many questions:
1. I don't want to spend a fortune, how much does it cost to switch to Vend?
2. I'm a very busy person, how much time does it take to set up Vend?
3. Is Vend compatible with my existing hardware?
4. I want to use Vend on an iPad, is it going to work for me?
5. I'm not a techie person, will I have a hard time migrating my products and customers to Vend?
6. I’m already comfortable with my current POS system, is Vend really a better option?
7. I've been using the same merchant processor for years, can I still use it with Vend?
8. I love our accounting software, does it integrate with Vend?
9. I don't live in the USA, does Vend work in my country?
10. I don't like to get stuck if I have questions, can I call your support team any time?
11. I own a seasonal business. Can I cancel my subscription but still keep my data?
12. I don't have a reliable Internet connection, can I still make Vend work for me?
13. I have thousands of existing printed barcodes from my old POS, can I use these with Vend?
14. I have an online store, will Vend integrate with it?
15. I have more than one store, will Vend work for me?
16. I don't feel comfortable with web-based solutions, is my data safe in the cloud?
17. I need someone to come over and set-up my POS system. Does Vend do “house calls”?
18. I want to see Vend in action, is there anyone locally I can visit to see their store using Vend?
19. I like Vend but don't know where to start, what should I do next?
You can find answers to all of your questions here.
The last question is not "if", the question is "how soon do you test it" and "which products will you test?"
The next step is to take a tour. Start your VendHQ.com tour here.