With the technology available today, you can create an ebook in any language quickly and easily to encapsulate information about a subject matter. If you have a vision to conquer the world or change the community and want to share authentic information, this may be just what you are looking for! One reason is that you don't have to write the ebook or pdf. Experts have already done the work for you.
This will allow you more time to awesomize your business vs. writing content while burning the midnight oil.
Or you may simply need to put the information into a form which is accessable by your mobile device or possibly in print form.
Here is the step by step process for creating an ebook (for free) without the use of fancy software:
1. Go to Wikipedia
2. Search the topic of choice
3. Click Create a book under Print/export
on the left sidebar in Wikipedia.
This will open the Book creator page; Click Start book creator to get started.
You’ll be returned to the Wikipedia article you were at previously, but this time, you’ll have a new Book creator bar on the top of the page.
4. Click: Add this page to your book to add the page you’re on.
This new Book creator bar will now follow you on Wikipedia.
5. You can add any page you visit to your eBook by clicking the "add this page to your book" you see at the top of the page.
6. You can quickly add related articles, as you’ll see a new Add linked wiki page to your book tooltip when you hover over links in articles.
Click it, and that page will be added to your eBook without having to visit the page.
7. Once you’ve added all the pages you want, click the Show book link on the top.
This will open a page where you can rearrange, sort, or remove articles from your eBook. It is easy to drag-and-drop the articles to get them into the order you want.
8. If you want to, you can organize it even more with chapter dividers. Click Create chapter at the top of the box.
Now enter a name for the chapter in the popup, and then click Ok to add it to your book.
Drag and drop the chapter markers according to how you want to organize your book. Be sure to add a Title and Subtitle as well.
9. To finish your ebook, select to download your eBook as a PDF or ODT formatted document. If you prefer, you can order a printed copy of your Wikipedia eBook from PediaPress.
If PDF was your choice, you’ll wait a few moments while the entire book is rendered and combined.
10. When your ebook is finished, you can preview it in your browser or download it to read on your computer.
Notice that a table of contents was automatically generated. While it looks great, it is not hyper-linked to the chapter sections themselves in the eBook.
The Wikipedia eBooks are formatted in a nice style and offer information vs. hype and advertisement. The Wikipedia ebook includes tables, many images, and links from the original article, all laid out in a nice, book-style format.
You can now read and share your eBook from your computer, print it out, or transfer it to an eReader if you wish to read your Wikipedia book on the go.
Most importantly, you have an ebook to share with people who have a similar interest: clients, students, bosses, peers, etc.
Whatever the purpose, the new PDF and eBook features in Wikipedia make it easy to remix and take Wikipedia with you. The eBook creator is very easy to use, and you should be impressed by how well the finished PDFs turned out. Give it a try and make personalized eBooks with the info you need, for fun or study!
Every business is now in the publishing business. Education is a key factor when helping potential buyers make a decision. Be sure to read the terms and conditions. Don't be pawning off the information as your own.