On January 10, 42 years ago today "All My Children" aired it's first episode. Who knew that the shows would be so engaging as to have people more interested in the TV soap than their own lives? Today is like any other... or is it? Today is a day of celebration and reflection:
Today birthdays are celebrated
Rock singer Rod Stewart turns 67 years old.
Pat Benatar, singer/musician, turns 59.
George Foreman in the Boxing Hall of Fame turns 63.
Raquel Blake, poet and model, turns 42.
Frank James the brother of famous Jesse James outlaw was born on January 10, 1843.
A hundred years later, Jim Croce, American Singer-Songwriter was born.
Lazzaro Spallanzani was born on January 10, 1729. Italian Catholic priest, biologist and physiologist.
Afeni Shakur, mother of Tupac "2Pac" Shakur, member of the Black Panther Party was born this day in 1944.
Special events from the past on this day of January 10th.
- January 10th, 1776 Thomas Paine published the pamphlet "Common Sense."
- On January 10th, 1963 London's Metropolitan, the world's first underground passenger railway, opened to the public.
- January 10th, 1964 the Beatles' first album in the United States, "Introducing the Beatles," was released.
- On this day in 1967 Republican Edward W. Brooke of Massachusetts, the first black elected to the U.S. Senate by popular vote, took his seat.
- On this day in 2000, America Online agreed to buy Time-Warner for $162 billion. (Time-Warner decided to spin off AOL in 2009.)
Today is a day to remember. Many birthdays by amazing people who have changed the world and events which mark January 10th as one to remember.
Tomorrow will be another day. What will you create? How will you be remembered in the years to come? Whatever it might be, it will be found on the Internet. That could be good news... or bad.
Celebrate and remember today and make tomorrow another day to do the same.
Need a way to celebrate and shine the light? Use www.animotomarkting.com to create a video and celebrate in grand style.
Happy Birthday "All My Children", Rod, Pat, George, Raquel, Frank, Jim, Lazzaro, Afeni. Wishing you to have many more to come.
Created with: www.animoto.com Make your own.
Did you like this? Share with a click: