Create a Facebook Business Page Vanity URL
You may or may not know that once you hit 25 followers on your Facebook Business Page you can create what they call a Vanity URL which is a custom version of the URL they initially assign to your page.
To do this:
- Login to your personal facebook profile first.
- Then go to this URL: http://www.facebook.com/username/
- You will see 2 bits of info on your screen. The second bit says:
- Each Page can have a username
- From the drop down list select your business page and you will be given a box where you can enter your business name or any variation of it.
- Facebook will tell you if it is available.
How To Set Up A Facebook Fan Page
Should a business set up a Facebook Business Page?
Should a business have a representative at the local Chamber of Commerce? You would think the answer is yes but so many entrepreneurs have a lukewarm attitude.
Should a business be involved with local community events? Most will say "yes" but the follow-up and commitment goes no further.
Facebook is not a place, it is a tool. It is a software platform where people can connect. If there is little connection within a business, no interaction and reaching out to people is a task with no / low commitment, then maybe a Facebook Business Page is not the best way to go. In some cases a Facebook Business Page may hurt the reputation.
If a business is already well connected with the community, a Facebook Business Page can magnify the best of the business.
At the very least, now you can test creating a Facebook Business Page.