Need a business success tip that will put an exclamation point on your potential? Adobe Scene7 has a viewer study showing what shoppers want. That is the name of the game after all, listening for what customers want.
From the experts at Adobe Scene7:
.....Fifteen key questions were asked to determine consumers’ product viewing preferences. Both male and female participants were surveyed (49 percent/51 percent split) who were categorized as “medium to heavy online shoppers”, resided in North America, researched and purchased a product online in the last 12 months, and spent at least $500 shopping online throughout the year.Key participant attributes:
- 94 percent had researched products within the past three months
- 99 percent had purchased products online within the past three months
- 41 percent had spent $1500 or more on online shopping this past year, which is nearly 30 percent greater than the national average of $10691; 79 percent spent close to or more than the national average
- 87 percent purchased electronics
- 82 percent purchased clothing, shoes & jewelry
- 80 percent purchased movies, music & games
- 78 percent purchased computers & office equipment
- 76 percent purchased books
- 86 percent use Internet Explorer/14 percent use Firefox
- 35 percent spend more than 30 hours a week online (and 73 percent spend more than 16 hours a week online)
This analysis of consumers’ product viewing preferences offers valuable insights for online merchandising and validates current eCommerce trends.
This is only a very small sample of the report. You read the rest of the report and download it here free.
What do you think? Electronics, office equipment and books seem to be a popular thing to buy online.
Are you thinking it's time to start a business selling on Amazon? If maybe so, here are 3 top books (and an ipod in case you are a shopper) to help your business.