Start a Business Online Howto 3 – Who Do You Listen to?
Remember last time?
I reminded you that over 90% of those trying to make a business successful online fail.
Business is not magic nor automatic... It does not matter whether you have a building or a website or a service that requires you to travel.
ANY time you find it necessary to gain the willing cooperation and support from others and inspire people to take their hard earned money and give it to you, there will be barriers, resistance and humps.
Before I show you a list of people I admire and trust, understand this:
Do not buy anything yet.
This is called MARKET RESEARCH.
If you have not yet taken your time machine into the future as we talked about in the last blog entry, maybe referring to a few of these sources will help.
To make the path Faster, Easier, Simpler (& funner) as I promised, we review the aspect of being a guerrilla. A guerrilla does not win with size or force. A guerrilla wins because of stealth, surprise, the unexpected, and agility.
To do this you will LISTEN to others who are already successful so that you have a pattern of management to follow.
YOU ARE ALREADY UNIQUE AND SPECIAL with your list of skills. So don't try to change what you have already written on your list to become more like me... or like other people on the list.
Their philosophies are similar in that almost all of them follow the beat of their own drummer.
You may already be aware of some of the people on my list... that's a good thing. I will not include everyone I admire and appreciate as there is not enough time. Again, note that each person has enhanced their own skills and has their own unique vision.
- Seth Godin - A thought leader who provokes and inspires.
- Justin & Chaunna Brooke - Persistence along with teaching others the realities.
- Chris Guillebeau - Blogger, writer, and traveler who wants to "take over the world".
- Stephen Covey - A writer, consultant, and speaker.
- Tim Ferriss - An author, and competitor who will inspire you to think differently.
- Steve Runge - No books, no presentations... just wisdom and one-on-one as my old boss.
- Jannelle Elms - A teacher, entrepreneur, professor of eBay, and an author.
- Eric Holmlund - An internet marketing guy who has his own way and teaches others.
- Patricia Anderson - Possesses an awesome ability to listen and teach others how to publish.
- Jay Conrad Levinson - The originator of "Guerrilla Marketing".
- Lynn Terry - A service oriented online marketer who helps others be successful.
- Gary Vaynerchuk - A person with a passion for wine as well as teaching.
- Jeffrey Gitomer - An author, speaker, and coach. His books are now on my top five list.
- Alex Mandossian - An example of how to promote yourself in multiple ways.
- Terri Dunevant - Award winning writer, speaker, teacher, motivator and more.
- Travis - the "BumMarketer". Travis provides how to so easy and cheap a bum could do it.
- David Dahl - Dave's Killer Bread. Does time for 15 years and now does incredible things with bread, health and inspiration. If nothing else, watch his video here. Inspiring.
Each one of them used their skills, talents and passions to overcome barriers.
On your journey to starting a business online, you have looked at yourself and your future... and today you are looking at others who are successful.
Next time... you will begin to decide how to match your skills, your barriers, and your passion, with choices for a business.
It is virtually impossible to do something grand on a blog but hopefully I can show you some simple methods to move forward.
- Barriers for many are:
There is so much more to a business, but these are BIG hurdles that may seem like a mountain, so many quit.
Do you have someone you trust who you believe is highly skilled, has a special gift, or teaches others to success?
Why not take this moment to give them a shout out here? I love to recognize people for what they contribute. Let the world know and use this as another form of thanks. (There are not any No-follow links for comments here)